New Student Registration
Forest Ridge School District is now accepting Kindergarten Registration
for the 2021-2022 School Year.
Complete this survey for New Incoming Kindergarten Student
Children registering for kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2021 (child’s date of birth must be on or before September 1, 2016)
Upon completion and submission of the survey the required paperwork will be mailed to you.
Please contact Mrs. Spagnola at 708-687-3334 or firstname.lastname@example.org at any time with questions.
Information will be available in May 2021 for all students 1st through 8th grade wishing to enroll for the 2021-2022 School Year.
Registration Procedure for the 2020-2021 School Year
Please email your full name, address, and phone number to email@example.com and the District Registrar will reach out to you with specific enrollment procedures.
The following documents are required for registration (Homeowners and Renters):
If your living circumstances are different, please call Mrs. Spagnola at 708-687-3334 for the residency documents you must provide. You will receive a response within 24 hours.
Note – We CANNOT begin the registration process unless all required documents are submitted.
District Registrar when the schools re-open.)
- Driver’s License; OR
- State ID
- Property Tax Bill – most recent (your name & district address must appear on the bill)
- Property Closing Papers (signed “Closing Statement” dated within two months of registration)
- Mortgage Payment
- Homeowners Insurance
- Signed Lease with paid rent receipt for current month
4. Category II – (provide three of these documents) (All documents must be current. Three different companies must be provided.)
- Utility Bills (Gas, Electric, Water – any or all accepted)
- Apartment Insurance Paper
- Phone Bill
- Cable Bill
- Automobile Registration
- Credit Card Bill
- Bank Statement
You will receive a packet through the U.S. Mail with the required forms. We will reach out to you within three (3) business days if we have any questions or need additional forms or to confirm your pre-registration is complete.
You may mail all completed forms and required residency:
Forest Ridge School District 142
c/o District Registrar
5800 W. 151st Street
Oak Forest, IL 60452
The following Medical forms will need to be downloaded and returned to the schools before your child will be eligible to start Kindergarten. You may mail the completed forms to the District Registrar through the U.S. Mail, or drop them off in the main office of any school.
Forms to download, print and fill out:
If you live with a resident (you do not own a home or have a lease in your name) – You and the District Resident are required to provide Residency documents. The District Resident must provide the documents on this page as listed in numbers 2, 3, and 4 and complete a notarized affidavit. The parent/guardian must provide the documents as listed in 1, 2, and 4.
A current updated driver’s license/ID, three (3) specific documents in your name and the address of the resident you are living with, and complete a notarized document. The Affidavits required to be signed by the District Resident and the Parent/Guardian.
Custody Documentation (If applicable)
- Divorce Decree (front page showing petitioner, custody sections, last page with court stamps)
- Guardianship documents or other affidavits of custody
- Current Form 906 from the Department of Children and Families
- If you are a Foster Parent, you must have placement papers from DCFS
Special Education Services
If your child receives special education services, either request your child’s previous school email the current IEP for placement or you can email it to the PPS secretary, Mrs. Bussie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once all documents are approved, you are pre-registered for the 2020-2021 School Year. You will receive an email from email@example.com to complete the online registration from through PowerSchool Enrollment. Please complete and submit this online registration form. Fees can be paid at any time after your online registration form is completed with a credit card by clicking on the RevTrak Web Store link.
Please carefully read the page following the submission of your online registration. There is important information on this page regarding Fees, Meal Service, Student Accident Insurance, Medical Forms, and Supply Lists.
The following checklist is to provide guidance for all new students that register in the District.
- Provide all required residency documentation as listed
- Complete and submit all Registration Paperwork
- Complete and Submit Enrollment Online Registration Form
- Pay Fees
- All children must have a physical with current immunizations on file prior to attendance. This includes preschool and transfer students.
- A new physical examination with current immunizations is required prior to entering Kindergarten and 6th Grade. Students not in compliance or with incomplete immunization records will be excluded from classes until a completed health record is submitted and approved by the school nurse.
- All Middle School students (6th, 7th and 8th Grades) who wish to participate in sports, must have a physical dated after July 1 to be eligible for the next school term.
- Dental examinations are required for all students entering Kindergarten, 2nd and 6th Grades. Forms must be completed by a licensed dentist.
- A Vision examination is required for all students entering Kindergarten or an Illinois school for the first time. Forms must be completed by an eye doctor.
School Transfer Forms
No public school district is required to admit a new student unless they can produce this form from the student’s previous Illinois public school district as per Section 2-3 13a of the School Code. As per the amendment to that code, no school district is required to admit a new student who is transferring from an out-of-state public school unless the parent or guardian of the student certifies in writing that the student is not currently serving a suspension or expulsion imposed by the school from which the student is transferring.
If your child is transferring from a school outside of Illinois, please contact the District Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional documentation required.
In the event of a residency dispute, parents may contact the South Cook Intermediate Service Center at 708-754-6600 with questions.