Health & Safety Tips
As we prepare to return to school, we wanted to pass along helpful tips and worthwhile information in order to ensure our return to school is happy, safe, and healthy.
- Please practice wearing a mask. Masks must be worn at all times when in D142 buildings and gradually practicing at home will help our In-Person learners feel more comfortable wearing masks at school.
- In-Person students must be temperature checked by parents each day before leaving the home for school. Consider purchasing a reliable, easy-to use thermometer!
- If your child has allergies or asthma, this is the time to get symptoms under control. These symptoms are also on the COVID-19 list of symptoms, so addressing them now will avoid unnecessary time away from school later. Also, please make sure your school nurse is aware if your child has a diagnosis of either. Regarding inhalers, make sure to have a spacer and mask for use in school.
- October 15 is the State Exclusion Date for Immunizations: All immunizations must be up to date by October 15, 2020 in order to attend school, whether in person or remote.
- Flu Shots: Get a flu shot when they become available. It is extremely important to do everything possible to remain healthy this season!
- Travel to Hot Spots: Please be aware that if you travel to a state included on the travel quarantine list you will need to quarantine for 14 days. Please utilize this link to the Cook County Department of Public Health for the most up to date information.