Food Service » Summer Food Service

Summer Food Service

Forest Ridge School District 142 participates in the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP). Free meals, which meet the SFSP federal guidelines, will be made available to all children 18 years of age and under and to persons who are enrolled in a state-approved educational program for the mentally or physical disabled. Free meals are made available to all eligible participants.

The USDA has extended this program to June 30, 2021

The Illinois State Board of Education Nutrition Department is excited to share that the U.S. Department of Agriculture just announced waiver extensions that will allow schools to operate Summer Meals programs through the end of School Year 2020-21, offering free meals to students.
This changes the expiration from December 31, 2020, to June 30, 2021.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)             fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.