Buildings and Grounds
The Buildings and Grounds Department has a staff of five custodians and one maintenance specialist. The Department is responsible for four elementary schools and for more than 400,000 square feet of facilities. The Department is tasked with performing maintenance to the interior, exterior and equipment of District-owned property and facilities.
The Department is also responsible for maintaining over 105 acres of land, which includes landscaping, snow removal, playground maintenance and safety inspections.
Work orders are submitted, routed, assigned, and their progress monitored online through the use of a computerized work order system. During the course of an average year, our maintenance staff complete approximately 2,000 work order requests from our schools and the district office.
In addition to the maintenance of facilities and grounds, the department is also engaged in the following:
- Custodial operations
- Energy monitoring and conservation
- Training on safety procedures
- Life safety
- Indoor air quality
- Equipment upkeep and repairs
- Building security, physical keys, access cards, camera monitoring
- Capital improvement projects
- Construction and remodeling projects
- Acts as a liaison with municipalities and other governmental entities within our district boundaries
Buildings & Grounds Supervisor