There is a distinct possibility that we will utilize more than one Phase during the upcoming school year, flexibly toggling between Phases, as we learn more about COVID-19 and how it impacts our community.
The 5 Phases are:
We have made the determination, due to the Illinois Department of Public Health Guidance (IDPH), recommendations from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), the Governor’s Office, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and months worth of conversations that we will begin the School Year in Phase Two. The District will constantly assess available information and in the event a move to another Phase is warranted, we will openly and honestly communicate this to families in advance.
Understanding the challenges that this brings to our families, the District wanted to communicate our options. Parents have the opportunity to determine which instructional model will be best for each of their children, understanding that children in the same household may need to have different models selected for them.
Our options include In-Person Hybrid Learning or Fully Remote Learning.
In-Person Hybrid Learning will consist of two groups, Group A and Group B. Student last names that begin with A-L will constitute Group A, student last names that begin with M-Z will be Group B. Families who choose In-Person Hybrid Learning will have their children attend school in-person on the same schedule to ease the burden on families. For specific scheduling requests, please contact your building principal.
Referencing the 5 Phases graphic above, the options for student learning in Phase 2 are:
Fully Remote Learning Grades Preschool - 8
- Each grade level will have set times for daily Zoom sessions and will fulfill the 5 hour instructional requirement with a combination of synchronous (live instruction) and asynchronous (independent) activities.
- New content will be delivered and will mirror the instructional outcomes occurring within In-Person Learning.
- Attendance will be taken for each live Zoom session.
- Students will be assessed and grades will be given during Remote Learning.
- If you elect Remote Learning, selections will be offered on a Quarterly basis. First Quarter ends October 30th. We will send additional information regarding Second Quarter in early October.
- In the event the District transitions between Phase 3 and Phase 4, Remote Learning families will be contacted with additional information.
In-Person Hybrid Learning (Partially In-Person/Partially Remote Learning)
All In-Person Learning will strictly adhere to IDPH and ISBE guidelines including the wearing of masks, social distancing, room capacity limits, daily symptom screenings, and enhanced cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing schedules for all school buildings.
Schedules for In-Person Hybrid Learning are as follows:
- Ridge Early Childhood Center
- Preschool and Early Childhood
- AM Classes 8:25-10:25am
- PM Classes 12:25-2:25pm
- Kindergarten Group A - AM Arrival at 8:15am and Dismissal at 10:45am
- Kindergarten Group B - PM Arrival at 12:15pm and Dismissal at 2:45pm
- Preschool and Early Childhood
- Elementary and Middle School Grades 1-8
- Group A will attend Monday and Tuesday In-Person and Remote Learning on Thursday and Friday.
- Group B will attend Thursday and Friday In-Person and Remote Learning on Monday and Tuesday.
- All students will be in Remote Learning on Wednesdays with their entire class.
- Kerkstra and Foster Elementary Schools - Arrival at 8:45am and Dismissal at 12:45pm
- Hille Middle School - Arrival at 7:50am and Dismissal at 12:20pm
You will need to fill out a form for each student and your choice can be based on what is best for each of your individual children. Once parent choices are received, this will allow the District to roster students into classes and make staffing determinations and schedules. If a Commitment Form is not received, your child will be automatically enrolled in In-Person Hybrid Learning.