NOTICE OF FOREST RIDGE SCHOOL DISTRICT 142
BOARD OF EDUCATION VACANCY
Due to the retirement of Board Member Nancy Hullinger, effective September 12, 2023, the Forest Ridge School District 142 Board of Education has a vacancy for a Board Member to fulfill the two-year term, beginning November, 2023 through April, 2025.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS TO FILL BOARD VACANCY
The Forest Ridge School District 142 Board of Education is now accepting applications for possible appointment to fulfill this two-year Board vacancy.
BOARD MEMBER QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be a United States Citizen;
- Must be 18 years of age;
- Must be a Resident of Illinois and live within the Forest Ridge School District 142 boundary for one full year preceding the appointment;
- Must be a Registered Voter.
Per District 142 Board Policy 2:70 Vacancies on the Board of Education – Filling Vacancies, the Forest Ridge School District 142 Board of Education may invite prospective candidates to take part in in-person interviews.
- 10/6/23 – if selected, applicants will be contacted by District 142 for interview
- 10/17/23 – all Board Vacancy interviews will take placed in Closed Session, immediately following the Regularly-Scheduled D142 Board of Education Meeting
- 10/18/23 – one individual will be chosen to serve the two-year Board Vacancy and will be directly contacted by District 142. All other candidates will be emailed regarding the Board’s decision.
- 11/7/2023 – chosen applicant will be sworn in as a Board Member, committing to serving the full, two-year Board vacancy from November 7, 2023 through April 8, 2025.
- Mandatory Board Training – will be provided