Kindergarten and New Student Registration
Kindergarten Registration for 2017-2018
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Hille Middle School - 5800 W. 151st Street, Oak Forest
3:00pm - 8:00pm (no appointment needed)
Children registering for the 2017-2018 Kindergarten class
must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2017
(child’s date of birth must be on or before September 1, 2012)
- Original, certified Birth Certificate from the County (no copies, no hospital records)
- Residency documents per the requirements listed below (#2, 3, & 4)
The required physical, dental and vision examination forms will be given to parents during registration. Students will not be allowed start school in August without a completed Illinois physical form.
New Student Registration for 2016/2017 All Grades
are taken only by the District Registrar, Mrs. Spagnola
at Hille Middle School - 5800 West 151st Street.
Please call for an appointment.
To enroll your child(ren), a variety of forms must be completed and fees collected.
In addition, Forest Ridge School District 142 requires you to provide the school with the following original materials to be immediately photocopied and returned to you.
Children registering for Kindergarten must be 5 years old
on or before September 1, 2016
(child’s date of birth must be on or before September 1, 2011)
Please bring the following documents required for registration
1. Original, Certified Birth Certificate from the County – No copies!
2. Current photo ID with name and District address of parent/guardian/custodian: (provide one)
· Driver’s License
· State ID
3. Category I – (provide one of these documents) (All documents must be current)
· Property Tax Bill – most recent (your name & District address must appear on the bill)
· Closing Paper or Settlement Document
· Mortgage Statement
· Homeowners Insurance
· Signed Lease with current month's paid receipt
(effective date of lease, your name & District address, and Landlord's name & address must appear on the lease)
4. Category II – (provide three of these documents) (All documents must be current)· Utility Bills (Gas, Electric, Water – all accepted) • Apartment Insurance Paper
· Phone Bill • Cable Bill • Automobile Registration
· Credit Card Bill • Bank Statement
If you live with a resident – The resident must provide the documents on this page and complete a notarized affidavit. You must provide a driver’s license/ID, three (3) specific documents in your name and address of the resident you are living with and complete a notarized document.
Custody Documentation (If applicable)
• Divorce Decree (front page showing petitioner, custody sections, last page with court stamps)
• Guardianship documents or other affidavits of custody
• Current Form 906 from the Department of Children and Families
• If you are a Foster Parent, you must have placement papers from DCFS
Special Education Services – If your child receives special education services, please bring a current IEP for placement.
Health Requirements –
All children must have a physical with current immunizations on file prior to attendance. This includes preschool and transfer students. A new physical examination with current immunizations is required prior to entering Kindergarten and 6th Grade. Students not in compliance or with incomplete immunization records will be excluded from classes until a completed health record is submitted and approved by the school nurse.
All Middle School students (grades 6, 7, and 8) who wish to participate in sports, must have a physical dated after July 1st to be eligible for the next school term.
Dental examinations are required for all students entering Kindergarten, 2nd and 6th grades. Forms must be completed by a licensed dentist.
A Vision examination is required for all students entering Kindergarten or an Illinois school for the first time. Forms must be completed by an eye doctor.
Access the District Physicals and Other Medical Forms/Consents web page to download forms.
School Transfer Forms - No public school district is required to admit a new student unless they can produce this form from the student’s previous Illinois public school district as per Section 2-3 13a of the School Code. As per the amendment to that code, no school district is required to admit a new student who is transferring from an out-of-state public school unless the parent or guardian of the student certifies in writing that the student is not currently serving a suspension or expulsion imposed by the school from which the student is transferring.
In the event of a residency dispute, parents may contact the South Cook Intermediate Service Center at 708-754-6600 with questions.