Ridge Early Childhood Center
Pre-K Screenings for 2012/2013
will be held on Monday, April 15th at Ridge Early Childhood Center. Children must be a resident of District 142 and three years old on or before April 15th. Please call 708-687-2601 to schedule an appointment.
(See District 142 homepage to view residency requirements)
Ridge Early Childhood Center 2012 Open House
Ridge Early Childhood Open-House for all Kindergarten, Pre-K, Early Childhood, and Focus on Families on Monday, August 20th, at 6:00.
From the Principal…
Dear Ridge Early Childhood Families and Friends,
I am very excited to be a member of the Forest Ridge School District 142 education community, as principal of the Ridge Early Childhood Center. Ridge is known as a warm and nurturing place for children to learn. This reputation has been developed by a wonderful staff and supportive families working together, helping children to experience success. The education of children is both a privilege and a great responsibility. I look forward to working with your children and sharing their learning experiences with you.
Our school is unique, offering programs for children birth to five years of age. As a community you have made the commitment to support these very special programs for our youngest learners. This year Ridge Early Childhood Center offers eight sessions of Kindergarten, four sessions of Pre-K for students at risk, four sessions of Early Childhood education, a Southwest COOP CD class and our special Focus on Families for parents and their children ages birth to three years. The programs at Ridge provide children with many wonderful opportunities to learn in a warm and caring environment. Each child is very special in their own way and we work hard to meet these different learning needs.
Working as a team will provide a foundation for your child's educational and social development. Parents often ask, "What can I do to help my child?" I feel the following poem is the start...
Read To Me
by Jane Yolen
Read to me riddles and read to me rhymes,
Read to me stories of magical times.
Read to me tales about castles and kings.
Read to me stories of fabulous things.
Read to me pirates and read to me knights,
Read to me dragons and dragon-book fights.
Read to me spaceships and cowboys and then,
When you are finished--please read them again.
Please don't ever hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance. If you would like to be added to my e-mail list please send me an e-mail at email@example.com.
Anne Berry, Principal
"Behind every successful child is someone who cares!"
- Ridge Early Childhood Center Open-House for Kindergarten, Early Childhood, Pre-K and Focus on Families, Monday, August 20th, 6-7:30 p.m. Registration and information will begin for the Focus on Families Play Groups and Parent Education this evening. Students will meet their teachers, drop off school supplies, and K students will receive their bus schedules.
- Classes begin Wednesday, August 22nd with the regular full day class schedule.
- Kindergarten, Early Childhood a.m., and Pre-K a.m, drop-off (8:15-8:28) - doors lock at 8:30 and students must enter through office.
- Pre-K and EC pick-up promptly at 11:00.
- Half-day kindergarten pick up promptly at 11:30.
- Pre-K and EC p.m. drop-off promptly at 11:45 and pick -up at 2:15.
- Kindergarten pick-up at 2:37.
- Tuesday, August 28th, Kindergarten Parent Curriculum Night - (6:00-7:00) - this is a very important evening that all Kindergarten parents need to attend to better understand the kindergarten curriculum and academic goals. You will meet with your child's teacher and learn about classroom routines, procedures and ways to help make your child's first learning experience a sucess, creating the basis to become a life long learner.